Monday, November 17, 2008

Yu Xin SiChuan Dish (Yu Xian Chuan Cai)




It was my second visit to this Si Chuan Restaurant, I went to this restaurant about two years ago, the Xi Dan Branch, Today I went to Worker Gym Branch.

As its famous Si Chuan restaurant, so we expected something HOT. and since we have several different Si Chuan restaurants which they carry some similar water boil fish with hot small red chili, we ordered the other type of spicy fish instead of the common one, first I ordered fish, Name is "Long snout catfish " (we used to do Mandarin fish), No small bones, just one main bone, and fish is very tender. so it was good fish for this dish. they fried the fish first, then they put it in the big bowl with lots of pepper and red chilli, oil and vegetables, also some Chinese chili sauce I think. oh my gosh, it was super HOT. I must say, If you are not Si Chuan people, you better not try it, but I also have to say, Its very delicious, but just too way to HOT..I was feeling like having fire in my mouth. HA. and when I spoke, I was feeling like fire drake, also we have some egg, they put raw egg with shell in calcareous powder and wrap it up for a few days, then its cooked. so they peel it first, then put some soy sauce, ginger and some garlic, it was delicious too, worth to try it since you can only find it in China. not in The USA or Europe. plus some nice cold beer. hum, it was a great meal, atmosphere is easy, they use many bamboo to decorate the restaurant, feels different from common restaurant, but there is something that I got very much irritated. that they asked you to pay the bill before you finish the food, because they could not take more order that hour, so they start to ask people to pay the bill, then the cashier counter can finish the work. its not nice way to run business. but they make some good food, and the waitress were sweet too. so anyway, it made up the things.. and worth to try it. they do make several type spicy fish, so you do not have to worry that you can not take really hot spicy fish, they do have some fish dishes which its not that spicy, and if you are not big fan for fish, they also have spicy frogs and prawns. its a good place to go, I think I will go back there again in the near future...

No comments: